Crazy about Content 101
At this point we’re all aware that we need content to build out a marketing strategy behind. Besides, without content, what good is the Internet? If you’re confused or unsure of how to create and develop content, don’t be. We have a quick rundown of the basics of content marketing that you can run with and find new successes with.
First of All, What is Content Marketing?
Simply put, content marketing is the creation and distribution of content that is consistent, relevant, and valuable to your target audience. There are many different types of content that you can create such as:
- Blog Posts: a piece of writing posted on a blog
- Case Studies: a record of research detailing the development of an individual, group, or situation
- Infographics: a visual, such as a chart or diagram, used to represent information or data
- Videos: a recording of visual images
- eBooks: an electronic version of a book that can be read on a computer
- Podcasts: a digital audio file that is downloaded to a computer or mobile device
- Webinars: a seminar conducted over the internet
Content marketing has a focus on the long-term opposed to the short-term. The objective of creating engaging content is to inform and gradually pull in clientele not to push them to purchasing a product or service immediately.
Why is Content Marketing Important?
As the unsung hero of your marketing campaign, content marketing works as a means to not only portray your company’s message but to inform and educate your target audience.
In today’s digital age, content marketing is outperforming outbound marketing in terms of lead generation as well as cost. The statistics don’t lie:
- 70% of customers prefer to get information about a company from content rather than ads.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing.
- Clicks from shared content are 5x more likely to result in a purchase.
- 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than advertising in a magazine.
How to Develop an Effective Content Marketing Strategy
There are many ways to develop an effective content marketing strategy. We’ve compiled our favorite strategy in a quick and easy breakdown for you below!
- Define your Objective. In order to become an authoritative voice within your industry you must first analyze your competitors and play to the competitive advantages that your business offers. At this stage, you must also develop your brand’s values, your voice, and tone in order to develop your brand.
- Identify Your Target Audience. The core focus of any content marketing campaign is offering a benefit to a targeted clientele. Your key focus is to drive clicks, increase retention, and ultimately lead to conversions; the way to do this is by building a brand and educating prospective clientele with free, high-quality content.
- Content Creation: You can’t have a content marketing campaign without content! At this point, it’s time to develop content that is informative to your audience – a key to content creation is choosing which type(s) of content will resonate best with you demographic.
- Content Distribution: Now it’s time to execute. Distribute your content to social media platforms, your company blog page, and any relevant publications that would benefit by sharing your content. This stage in the process is where clicks will increase, engagement will ramp up, and conversions will begin to trickle in.
- Analyze the Metrics: After sticking to a consistent campaign, make sure to analyze the data regarding your content: distinguish what worked best and what underperformed and adjust your campaign to perform even better over time.
Do you have any tips or tricks for pulling together a killer content marketing strategy? Leave it below in the comments. Interested in learning how Digital Marketing Training Group can help you become your own boss? Give us a call at 518-694-4044.