Best Practices for Running Your Digital Agency
Not all digital agencies are created equally. Take a moment and check out 5 of the best practices that anyone running their own digital agency should adhere to.
- You’ve identified your ideal client. Knowing who’s out there looking for you and your services makes marketing yourself a bit easier. If you have existing clients, you’ve profiled them and pulled out the qualities you need to look for in potential clients. You’ll use this information to create more targeted content, increase personalization in your marketing efforts and hopefully draw in more of your ideal clients.
- You have an established way to qualify leads. One sure fire way to improve conversion rates and lower the amount of time and energy spent by your sales guy is to have a set in stone way to qualify a lead. This goes hand-in-hand with identifying your ideal client. Create a list of ideals you want in a potential client – oh wait, you already did. Then make a list of other characteristics you need in a potential client, i.e what’s their timeline? Do they have the budget for you and the authority to make the call?
- Set Goals. If you don’t know where you are going, how will you know when you get there? Setting goals will help to drive your agency to innovate and remain on the cutting edge. It will force you to get out there and set sales goals, and meet those sales goals. It will let you know if something isn’t working, because you won’t be hitting those goals. Sit down, brainstorm, write out your goals and get hustling.
- Organize. Be organized fresh out of the gates. Have your processes in order from the beginning, both internally and externally. Know how you’ll keep your records, as well as how you’ll pay invoices as well as send them. On the client experience side of things, make sure you’ve built out those processes. How will the client on-boarding go? How will the client know how to reach out if a problem arises. Have you built out timelines? The sooner you’ve created these processes, the more smoothly your agency will run.
- Build the Brand. Build the brand with everything you do. Listen to what people have to say and get yourself out and in front of people whether you’re walking the dog, or standing in front of the local Chamber. Make a point to know your business from the ground up. If you don’t know your product you’ve got a problem. Have a great interaction with a client? Ask for a testimonial. Build the brand and get social proof every step of the way.
These are by no means a comprehensive list of best practices a digital agency should follow, just some of the more important ones. Be sure to follow our blog for more information on all topics marketing and business. Do you have a best practice to share? Leave it in the comments.