Five Ways to Blog Better Than Your Competition
Blogging is a simple process but a lot of work. While it is not hard to post to your blog, getting the traffic and the revenue that you desire is a much tougher. You’ve been blogging for a while and still aren’t seeing the traffic numbers you’d like? Here are five ways that you can enhance your blogging skills.
1. Keep up with the times. No one wants to read last month’s news. A blogger has to know what is going on in the world yesterday, today and tomorrow. Some important issues stay in the headlines for months, but your audience will want fresh updates. Knowing what is going on around you and what interests others will make your blog content worth reading.
2. Change your content often. There is nothing worse than losing traffic. You might not post every day but you can be sure that your readership will drop off if you only post once a month. Readers like fresh content and they will go where they can get it. If need be, hire a writing company to produce interesting content and post on a regular basis. This would work well if you have more than one blog and not enough hours in the day to manage them all.
3. Network with others. Get your content out there. Register with search engines and join social bookmarking sites like Technorati and Digg. Share your blog address with friends on your profile page Facebook and Twitter.
4. Pay attention to your readership. When people comment they would like for you to answer them back. Some ask questions and some want to let you know that they agree or disagree with what you’ve said. Take the time to talk to them. After all, they took the time to visit and post a comment. Their comments can drive the direction of your blog. If you want to keep them as readers and increase your traffic, pay attention.
5. Keep your ads to a minimum. Ads are a way for bloggers to make money with their sites. That’s all well and good and a few ads are great and will attract attention. If you post too many, however, visitors might be turned off. You want your content to be the main attraction. If the ads coordinate with your blog niche, that’s good but only a few and at the top of the page are necessary.
Blogging is an art. Creating interesting content and keeping readers coming back is a job. If you already blog, use these five tips to enhance your value to the blogosphere.
We are the Digital Marketing Training Group. With over 75 years of combined digital marketing experience, we have been providing a recipe for success to people who want to run their own businesses in a multi-billion dollar industry that is growing year after year.